For thing #7, I decided to explore Bitly, since I use their website to shorten and personalize URLs before sharing them with students and staff. I didn't realize that they had an app. At first, I couldn't find the app, because I was looking for iPad only apps. When I couldn't find it, I switched to iPhone only apps, and there it was.
I used the Safari app to look for a magazine article. I copied the link and opened the Bit.ly app. The app detected that I had copied a link and wanted to know if I wanted to save it. It gave me the option to personalize the link, which I didn't do since I don't plan on sharing the link.
It is nice to know that I can now shorten URLs, save them into my Bit.ly account, and easily share them with others from my iPhone or iPad app. I also like being able to looking at the trending links.
I like the Bit.ly app, but they need to make an iPad version. The current Bit.ly is optimized for the iPhone 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment