For Mobile Thing #6, I decided to explore Quickoffice, because it works with Google Drive. Our school district uses Google Apps for Education, so everyone in our district has a Google account and access to Google Drive.
It was easy to sign in to Quickoffice using my Google account. I chose to create a document. The app is simple and doesn't offer a lot options, but it is easy to use. I like that the document that I created is now accessible any time I log into Google Drive.
I tried to edit a Word document that I had saved in my Google Drive. In order to edit the Word document, I had to download the Google Drive app, which then took me to Google Docs app, which I already had on my iPad, to edit the document. I won't be using Quickoffice to edit Word documents, since the latest version of the Google Docs app lets you edit Word documents that you have in Google Drive.
I also recently read that Google will be pulling the Quickoffice app.
No comments:
Post a Comment