My first attempt at screencasting did not go that well. I first tried Screen-Cast-O-Matic. When I went to export it, it would not export. After I clicked on the export button, it went to another screen and my screencast was gone. I tried to recover it, but I was unsuccessful. Something on our network would not let me export.
I then tried ScreenToaster. There was a lot of lag after I clicked on something on the Internet. This lag showed up in my screencast. Waiting for the next page to load was painful to watch.
I finally downloaded Jing I had a very positive experience using Jing. I plugged in the Blue Snowball microphone and begin screencasting right away. It only took me a couple of tries to have a screencast that I was happy with. I am sure my prior practice helped me.
One thing that I learned about screencasting is that it is helpful to have a script or a brief outline of what you would like to cover and/or say. It is also takes a few times to have a screencast that you are happy with. Screencasting is a lot of fun. I plan on creating more.
My screencast is about Educator's Reference Complete, a magazine and newspaper database for educators.
No comments:
Post a Comment